Welcome to the Nerd Factory, I’m Ruth.
My “best day ever” options: read books while someone else cleans then write down all the sentences ready to fly out of my brain, my Engineer in shining Tundra picks me up for the day – just us – going for a drive talking about whatever pops into our heads, or going to Barnes and Noble with my kids and taking a deep breath as that glorious ink/paper/coffee smell settles over us.
I’ve got more grey hair than I care to admit, but I’m choosing to see them as my crown!
If you ask me what I do, I can finally say with confidence that I am a writer with a side job.
You’ll quickly find out that I’m passionate about words, books and thinking and theology but most importantly, applying it to the reality of life… everything is theological!
Some of my favorite things… (in no particular order)
- My writer’s group! I’m part of the West Michigan chapter of Word Weavers International. We collaborated to create an anthology of Christmas stories – more details here!!
- This commentary. So well done.
- Scrivener!!! The writer’s dream tool.
- This pen! I love the feel and way it writes – and I’m embracing pink. Plus, Zebra makes refills. #reduce #reuse
- Books! Thrift-stores and garage sales are my favorite way to find books. Thriftbooks.com is my kryptonite.
- The Enneagram! I’m a 6w5.
- My church! I have the privilege of being one of their librarians.
- Starbucks Bright Sky Blend blonde roast coffee. I drink it black! Crazy, I know.
- Tiesta Tea! There are days where, iced or hot, tea is just necessary. Fruity Pebbles.
- My purse! Handcrafted in Empire, Michigan with USA leather by Ted Gilmer. You can find his gorgeous offerings here!
Welcome again to the Nerd Factory – enjoy a few laughs, some deep thought and I hope you leave wanting to know Jesus more as you see how everything is connected to Him.